南京夜网,南京桑拿论坛,南京夜网论坛 Powered by Ally!

Archive for April, 2019

DHS fraud revelations ‘vindicate Senate inquiry’

Saturday, 13 April, 2019

The need for a Senate inquiry into bungled government IT projects has been vindicated following allegations of fraud at the Department of Human Services, the Labor party says.
Nanjing Night Net

On Thursday Fairfax Media revealed that as many as 50 IT subcontractors were under investigation in a fraud probe at the government’s largest department.

The allegations related to fake invoicing practices and the use of false CVs and qualification records to secure government contracts.

Do you know more? Contact [email protected]南京夜网419论坛

Linda Burney, Labor’s human services spokeswoman, and Ed Husic, their digital economy spokesman, said Human Services Minister Alan Tudge must front up.

“The minister that brought us the robo-debt debacle has questions to answer about reports of massive tech contractor fraud that occurred right under his watch,” they said in a joint statement.

“It also highlights that Labor was right to push for a Senate inquiry into the management of digital transformation projects under the Turnbull government’s watch.”

The fraud allegations were proof the government had “lost a grip on managing its ICT projects,” they said.

At least one DHS employee is also under suspicion and the department has called in the Australian Federal Police to help with the investigation.

Rory Markham, the employment litigation director at Chamberlains Law, said many of the subcontractors were surprised to learn of their alleged role in the breaches.

“Some of the employees involved in the claim now have reason to believe that, without their knowledge, they had CVs submitted on their behalf that were false,” said Mr Markham, who is acting for 10 of the employees.

“These are mums and dads with mortgages to pay and kids to feed. And they are not getting paid while these claims are investigated.”

A spokeswoman for the Department of Human Services confirmed the investigation when approached on Wednesday.

“The Department of Human Services is conducting an internal investigation into allegations of potential fraudulent behaviour involving a small number of former contractors and an APS employee,” she said.

“The department is being provided support and assistance by the Australian Federal Police.

“As this investigation is ongoing, it would not be appropriate to provide any further comment at this time.”

Google search records show that the department updated the “Reporting Fraud” section of its website earlier this week.

The subcontractors had their passes confiscated last Thursday and Friday.

“I witnessed the eviction. The first day nine people were evicted with several pretty heavy security guards,” said one DHS source.

“The second day another six were evicted.”

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Cosmetics giant sued for discriminating against men

Saturday, 13 April, 2019

ST 12.5.12 parental leave generic babyEstee Lauder, one of the world’s largest cosmetics firms, is being sued by US regulators for discriminating against men.
Nanjing Night Net

The company’s parental leave policy allows new fathers to take two weeks of paid leave for “child bonding,” while new mums get six weeks, according to a lawsuit filed on Wednesday with the US Equal Employment Opportunities Commission.

The EEOC claims the practice violates the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Equal Pay Act of 1963.

Estee Lauder hasn’t responded to the lawsuit and wouldn’t comment for this story. Women make up 84 per cent of the company’s global workforce.

“It is wonderful when employers provide paid parental leave and flexible work arrangements, but federal law requires equal pay, including benefits, for equal work, and that applies to men as well as women,” Mindy Weinstein, acting director of EEOC’s Washington Field Office, said in a statement. Gender differences

The case could have implications for the relatively small percentage of US companies that offer paid parental leave, where women on average are given more time off to care for newborns than men, according to a study from the Society for Human Resource Management.

New mothers receive on average 41 paid days of maternity leave, compared with 22 paid days for fathers, the study found. Even where the policies are generous by US standards, men still often get less. At Google, for example, birth mothers get 18 weeks and all non-birth parents, including fathers, receive 12 weeks.

The lawsuit was filed the same week that the EEOC said it wouldn’t make companies report their gender-pay gaps, reversing an Obama-era push to increase pay transparency scheduled to start in 2018. In announcing the lawsuit, the EEOC said highlighting sex-based pay discrimination, including paid leave, is a “priority issue.”

The US is the only country among 41 developed nations where new parents aren’t entitled to paid leave, according to data compiled by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development. Ivanka Trump made it a focus during her father’s presidential campaign and President Trump included mandatory leave in his first budget, but Congress hasn’t yet taken any action.

Among workers in private industry, 87 per cent didn’t have access to paid parental leave in 2016, little changed from two years earlier, according to US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Some big-name corporations, particularly in the technology sector, have expanded paid leave for new parents as they face increased competition for talent.

Bloomberg

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Stewart’s county contract

Saturday, 13 April, 2019

Stewart’s county contract NEXT STEP: Kent county cricket signing Grant Stewart sends one down for University against Newcastle City at Learmonth Park in December, 2014. Picture: Dean Osland
Nanjing Night Net

TweetFacebookNewcastle Herald from England.

“Back then, four years ago, I wouldn’t have thought I’d be at this sort of stage.

“But I guess having a bit of time off cricket with an injury always makes you realise how much enjoy playing and how much you miss it.

“It gives you that little bit of hunger to get back and have a good crack.”

Withmultiple cartilage tears and ligament surgery long behind him, Stewartput pen to paper this week which means he could make his first class debut by the end of theEnglish summer.

“Hopefully I can get a crack,” Stewart said.

“I’m probably more preferred in red ball cricket and I guess that would be the first goal to make the four-day side.And then maybe over the next year or two I can become a consistent member of all three formats. That would be ideal.”

There are four, four-day matches remaining this County Championship season with Kent fifth in the 10-team second division competition and within a top-two finishplusmain-league promotion for2018.

All 18 county sides combine forone-day and T20s, which reach the finalsat Edgbaston on Saturday with former Newcastle first graders Michael Hogan (Glamorgan) and Tim Ambrose (Warwickshire) set to clash.

Stewart, who isn’t classed as an overseas player because of a European Union passport through his Italian mother, has performed the last few months with a joint-high 29 wickets for Kent second XI.

He also has 30 wickets, including 6-48 on Saturday, as well as seven half-centuries and a ton this year playing for third-placed Sandwich Town in theShepherd Neame Kent Premier League.

“I’ve had a couple of chats [with the Kent coach] throughout the seasonand I think they just see me as a different style of bowler to the other blokes they have on the roster,” Stewart said.

“Then Iwas just lucky enough to take a few poles.”

Raised on a turf farm Stewart played for Northern Suburbs in Maitland before joining University for the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 seasons, includingNewcastle and NSW Country representative honours.

Previously a leg-spinner and wicket-keeper, theengineering graduate properly picked up pace bowling around five years ago.

He first traveled to England andplayed with HSBC Cricket Club indivision one of the Shepherd Neame Kent league last year.

In 2016-2017 he went to South Australia and joinedAdelaide University. Stewartwill return with the same sidefor half of the upcoming summer before embarking on his first full county campaign with Kent.

His contract takes him through until the end of the 2019 season.

PREVIOUS: Kansas calls quick Cockley

SHORT: First grade reduced to 40-over one-day matches

TEST: Aussies suffer historic loss to Bangladesh

Chinese tourist almost killed beauty clinic owner in breast implant procedure: court

Saturday, 13 April, 2019

A woman who almost killed a patient in a breast implant procedure at a Sydney beauty clinic is a Chinese tourist with no Australian medical qualifications, a court has heard.
Nanjing Night Net

Jie Shao, 33, allegedly performed the procedure on Jean Huang, 35, at The Medi Beauty clinic in Chippendale on Wednesday afternoon.

Ms Huang, who is the manager and co-owner of the newly opened clinic, went into cardiac arrest.

Jie Shao, 33, has been charged with reckless bodily harm and administering a poison. Photo: Ten News

She remained unconscious and in a critical condition on Thursday, and there were grave fears for her chances of survival.

“If she does [survive], it’s anticipated she will have some degree of brain damage,” police said in a statement of facts tendered in Central Local Court on Thursday.

Ms Shao has been charged with recklessly causing grievous bodily harm and administering a poison.

She allegedly used the wrong dosage of anaesthetic, causing her patient to suffer cardiac arrest during a procedure to put fillers into each breast, according to a police statement of facts.

Ms Shao knew the patient through a mutual friend, although it is unclear why she was performing the procedure.

In a bail application on Thursday, Ms Shao’s Legal Aid solicitor Mary Underwood said her client had completed a five-year degree at Guangdong Medical University and specialised in dermatology.

She said Ms Shao had practised in China and the UK and obtained a masters in health science in the UK Britain in 2010.

However, prosecutors said Ms Shao was visiting from China on a tourist visa and had no recognised qualifications in Australia.

Sergeant Rutzou said in an interview with police on Wednesday night, she made admissions about administering anaesthetic during the procedure.

She allegedly administered 1?? grams of tramadol mixed with 200 milligrams of NaCl (sodium chloride) through a catheter and a drip, and additional amounts of a local anaesthetic, lidocaine, were injected into Ms Huang’s chest.

Another employee, Yuegiong Fu, was working as a nurse during the procedure but is also not qualified, police alleged.

When Ms Huang went into cardiac arrest, Ms Fu and a third employee, Ronald Hsiao, attempted CPR.

Ms Underwood said her client would surrender her passport and not perform any medical procedures or treatments if granted bail.

However, magistrate Sharon Freund denied bail, saying there was a risk she would flee to China, interfere with witnesses or endanger others in the community.

“In my view it’s a very strong prosecution case and in the event that she’s convicted… I’m of the view that she will receive a custodial sentence,” Ms Freund said.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Ex-Jet signs Millwall contract

Saturday, 13 April, 2019

DONE DEAL: Kristian Brymora puts pen to paper with Millwall under-23s boss Kevin Nugent on Wednesday. The 18-year-old has already trained with the Lions’ first team.Former Newcastle Jets teenager Kristian Brymora has scored a professional contract with Championship club Millwall after netting a hat-trick in front of first-team manager Neil Harris.
Nanjing Night Net

The 18-year-old striker will train and play predominantly with the club’s under-23s, but he has already trained with the Lions’ first team.

Brymora was on an A-League deal at the Jets, but the club did not renew his contract when the season finished in May.

The Jets said he was welcome to keep training with the first team in an effort to impress new coach Ernie Merrick, but the youngster opted to try his luck overseas.

He trialled unsuccessfully at Premier League club Watford then scored a goal in his first trial for Millwall four weeks ago.

“Then he played an intraclub game andscored a hat-trick and set one up in a 4-0 win, which the first-team coach was present at, which sealed the deal,” agent Joel Grenell said.“He has trained with the first team and done quite well.

“It’s really there for him to make the most of the opportunity and get as much first-team access as possible.”

Brymora has Polish heritage and made several trips to Poland in the past two weeks to secure an identity card before signing a one-year deal with Millwall on Wednesday.

The Millwall under-23s play in the Professional Development League, where Brymora could debut against Barnsley on Friday.

The striker scored 13 goals in 18 games for the Jets youth team in the Northern NSW NPL last year. He was part of the club’s A-League squad over the summer but played onlyseven minutes.

He went to England with a plan to continue trialling at clubs until he earned a deal.

“He’s a real confident young guy and he knows what he wants and he’s gone and achieved that at the second club he’s been at, so it’s been a real exciting and proud time for myself and his family,” Grenell said.

Grenell, executive manager of ie:sports’ Australian office, said opportunities were limited for talented young attacking players in the A-League and looking overseas was a viable option.

“If you don’t make one of the nine clubs in Australia, pack your bags,” he said.

“There’s thousands of other teams out there that could suit your style of football, but you’ve got to have the desire, the hunger, the patience, and obviously the ability as well.

“There’s a huge opportunity for players with ability between the ages of 16 and 19. Obviously they have to have English or European citizenship or can get access to it.”

Meanwhile, Socceroo Jackson Irvine has joined Hull City from fellow Championship club Burton Albion, and keeper Mitch Langerak has moved from Stuttgart to La Liga new boysLevante.